-->

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Rehashing An Old Post

The image on the right is from a Vichy propaganda poster: "The killers always return to the scene of their crimes". In World War II both sides tried to appropriate Joan for their cause. The cathedral at Rouen in flames is used as the stake for Joan of Arc. The villains returning to the scene of the crime are the English bombers.




I think this image is still the best thing on this blog but since that was in the very first post and so few people make it all the way back to the beginning of the blog, I thought I had better move it up to the front. 




Since this is my second pro-Vichy reference then I will, for the sake of balance add a Free-France Element. After the jump is the famous scene from Casablanca where Czechoslovakian-born freedom-fighter Victor Lazlo leads the patrons of Rik's in singing the Marseillaise in response to the German national anthem.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Arrow Key Nav